Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 96

A note from out of town: 
We flew the coop! Our life was getting the best of us and we were on the edge of going crazy so we got out of town for a seriously needed break. One of our favorite places to go for day trips and spur of the moment over nighters is Leavenworth. Because I haven’t been able to drive much since March, I couldn’t wait to get behind the wheel. (For those of you who read the last post, don’t worry…no happy couples on the side of the road were injured!) It is so beautiful in Leavenworth and the stress just melts away….usually. However, this time when we checked into our hotel and decided to take a nap after the long drive, I started reacting to the sheets and my arms and face were itching like mad. Kirk called housekeeping to try and get the bedding changed and we took a drive to Wenatchee while they switched things out for us. What a scenic drive it turned out to be. All the valleys and hills go on forever with the river gracefully nestled in between. As we returned to our room with a freshly made bed we are hopeful for an allergic free night. We are now settling down with a movie and some popcorn and on that note we say good night.

P.S. I am trying out wearing a scarf on my head. I feel so self conscience about it but it is so comfortable that it is worth the trial. I hope you like it!

Love Always,
Sarah
(click on image below to enlarge)

No comments: