Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 215

A note From Kirk:
Today Sarah had a few different appointments and I need to share with you how they went. At 11:00 she had an appointment with her radiologist to talk about her upcoming radiation treatments. Sarah will be getting all of her prep work done on Friday which includes radiation tattoos, making an upper body mold to hold her still during treatments, and a preliminary CT scan. Once all of that prep work is done, Sarah will start radiation about a week and a half later and will receive radiation treatments five days a week for six weeks. They told her all the risks, all the possible side effects, and everything she should expect over the next two months. I know all of this is probably weighing heavy on her mind but I am very excited for Sarah to get this radiation over with so she can move on and be done with all of her cancer treatment!

Because Sarah has had this continuing cycle of nausea and dizziness one of the tests her doctor wanted to do was an upper endoscopy to look at the upper end of her gastro-intestinal system. She finally had that test today at 2:00. The good news; the test was totally normal. The bad news; we still have no idea where the nausea is coming from. Hopefully there won’t be too many more tests of this nature for my poor Sarah to go through. After all she has had to deal with; this test was just one more thing to add to the list of un-fun things she has had to do in her life.

Thanks for all of your prayers and support. Please continue in your prayer for this time of radiation. It would be my hope that possible side effects would be extremely minimal and that there would be as little scar tissue development as possible. Thanks to you all for supporting my girl!

Kirk

2 comments:

Haley McCarver said...

Hi Sarah-I don't know you but I grew up at the Assembly with Kirk and ran across your blog from Heraldnet. I also work at the Cancer Partnership sometimes (I'm a float for The Everett Clinic). I just want you know know that you're in my thoughts and most definately my prayers! You are a beautiful, amazing and strong woman. As I've sat here and read through your blog the last couple days, starting at day 1..I can't count the times I've had to stop reading because I was about to start crying..and sitting at the front desk checking in pts. :) I can't even begin to fathom what you are going through, and have gone through, but I want you to know that I look up to you SO much for your strength, passion, and endurance! You have definately touched my life, and obviously the lives of many others! I can't wait to continue to read your blog and see God healing you and working miracles in your life. I have no doubt that you are going to get through this, and be a better person for it!! Hope you are having an amazing day and that the nausea is easing off!~ Smile!

heather Mayer said...

Amen to the comment above..Your touching lives all the time..I talk about your story all the time. God bless you Sarah and Big big hugs to you both!