Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 57

A Note From Kirk:
Sarah's energy has really taken a hit and fast. Our stairs at home have become quite a daunting task to traverse, but nothing stops my little energizer bunny from going. She spent the day with her mom getting spoiled rotten with around the clock care. How great is it to have a nurse for a mother?........Priceless. Her taste buds have already changed quite dramatically and the only comfort that she gets in that department comes from her banana popsicles. It seems like when people are sick it is the strangest things that do the trick and for her banana popsicles are it. I am finding that with each chemo therapy treatment, I see my wife's stamina getting lower and lower. Sarah is such a go-getter and it takes quite a bit of coaxing to get her to stop and just rest and relax. Sometimes she overdoes it a little, but it's her love of life that keeps her wanting to do...do...do and go...go...go. I know that because of this she will bounce back very strong once she's done with this battle. Even though Sarah is extra emotional and tears are frequent, she also has so many happy emotions that also result in frequent laughter. These joyful moments, when they do happen, help us keep going and continue to have fun in the midst of hard times. For me, it is Sarah's smile that uplifts my heart when it is in need. God has been gracious and helps us forget our frustrations and focus on the good that he is setting before us. We have really felt your prayers over the last two months. I know that I, and most certainly Sarah, could not have gotten this far without you!

Thanks For Following Us!!!
Kirk

Psalm 116:4-6 
4 Then I called on the name of the LORD :
       "O LORD, save me!"
5 The LORD is gracious and righteous;
       our God is full of compassion.
6 The LORD protects the simple hearted;
       when I was in great need, he saved me.

No comments: