Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 59

A Note From Sarah:
There is something so comforting about sleeping in your childhood bedroom. All of the familiar sounds melt my worries away, and there is just a feeling of peace. It also doesn't hurt to know that your mom is standing by ready to make every wish a reality. When I finally awoke from my "Sleeping Beauty" sleep, I got to play with my adorable nephew Roman! My mom and I spread out blankets in the back yard, and let him explore the great outdoors. What fun it was to watch him try to sneak a mixture of grass and buttercups into his mouth. When Bethany came to pick him up, she had a special surprise for me: a hot pink pedicure with a side of girl talk. Thanks Sister! Every day I'm reminded what a gift God has given me in my family!

Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings.
Psalm 63:7


A Note From Kirk:
Today our friend Chris has done it yet again. He has shaved the breast cancer ribbon into his hair, but this time he went all out. Thanks Chris! We love you! This is just one case where we have seen extreme love and support from our friends. We really do appreciate all of the support, which in some cases comes in very surprising forms. Whether it be cards, cancer fund donations, or crazy haircuts, we cannot stress enough how much it all means to us. Please pray and keep us in your thoughts as you are all in ours.

No comments: