Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day 173

A Note from Sarah: 
Today was a sad day as we drove away from the little blue cabin by the sea. Every day I spent at the cozy cabin was chicken soup for my hurting soul. I even got over the “fear” of going out wigless at the beach! People on the beach did give me double takes while walking by but maybe they were looking twice because Kirk and I are the cutest couple on the planet…that is what I’m going to believe! I did do some sunbathing while at the beach and the only bad thing about feeling free without a wig was I forgot to put sunscreen on my naked head! I won’t make that mistake again. Our last hours at the beach were a spectacular display of sun, kites and the perfect breeze. You don’t get many days of perfection down at Pacific Beach, so we considered ourselves blessed. On the way home the dreaded worry bug bit me hard and BANG…it started…I started counting all the things looming in the future that are unpleasant. Kirk out of the corner of his eye caught me staring off in the distance with wrinkle on the forehead and quickly changed the subject to something a little more cheerful. He reminded me that our “vacation” wasn’t quite over because we are house sitting for Sherri and Bob for a couple of days. I immediately perked up thinking about slipping into a relaxing bubble bath provided by Sherri’s gorgeous jetted tub. When we got to their house we were greeted by our gal pals Nikki and Zoe, two schipperkes that love it when we come to “puppy-sit” for them…probably because we give them treats and tummy rubs. I’m looking forward to snuggling up with Zoe for a romantic girlie movie later on.

On another note, I started a 3 day fast today. I finished a book called “Fasting” by Jentezen Franklin last week and I am so intrigued by what God will do in your life when you commit to a fast. Jentezen writes “The three duties of every Christian are giving, praying, and fasting.” Ecclesiastes 4:12 says “A threefold cord is not quickly broken”. I mean I pray and I give but I haven’t ever taken fasting very seriously, and I think I am missing out on many of the blessings God has for me. In Jentezen’s book he also writes “Look at it this way: when you pray, you can release that thirtyfold return, but when both prayer and giving are part of your life, I believe that releases the sixtyfold blessing. But when all three – giving, praying, and fasting – are part of your life, that hundredfold return can be released!” I don’t know about you but I want that hundredfold return! God I am so excited for what you have in store for me because I am following what your Word says to do. Bring on the blessings that You want to give your Sar-bear.

Love Always,
Sarah
(click on image below to enlarge)
(click on image below to enlarge)

No comments: