Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 190

Today, Momma Hawk came over to visit with Sarah and brought a special surprise along with her. She had planned to bring the Roaster along with her to lift Sarah’s spirits. Roman found the water fountain in our bedroom to be quite entertaining and Momma Hawk had to watch him like a hawk because the next thing he found entertaining was to try to drop Auntie Sarah’s phone into the toilet. Sarah and Roman also snuggled during naptime while she and her mom talked about the similarities in how they both felt after their own surgeries.

At noon a lady from the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center came to talk to Sarah about her cancer story. Sarah wanted to be a part of this clinical study, in hopes of someday helping the next generation of cancer victims.

My parents came over tonight to celebrate Sarah’s birthday because she turns 25 on the 22nd. On their way, my folks stopped by my grandparent’s house to pick up some food that my grandma had made for us. She made one of my favorite things she makes which is a chicken and dumplings type dish. After dinner, Sarah had a fun time reading her cards and opening her gifts. Sarah absolutely loved the Beth Moore books that she received. After gifts we settled down on the couch and watched “America’s Funniest Home Videos”, which is very quickly becoming a family tradition.

As Sarah’s birthday is approaching, it makes me realize how fast life flies by. We have had quite a lot of difficulty this year and we can’t wait to leave this all behind us. I hope that the coming year will be a time of blessing and renewal for Sarah and I.

“Here’s me wishing you a Happy Birthday my darling Sarah! I love you so much! I can’t wait to spend the next 25 years and beyond with you.”

-Kirk

1 comment:

Heather Mayer said...

Happy Birthday Sarah, such an awesome picture with you and some of your family, glad you had a good time with Roman and Hope you have an Awesome day celebrating the special day of your birth with your husband family and friends. I wish you all the happiness you deserve!

Love Richard and Heather