Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 148

Our 3rd Anniversary!!!
Tuseday the 10th was our 3rd anniversary!!! I cannot by any shade of the imagination understand how three years could have passed so quickly. At the same time, It feels to us like many years. This year so far has brought a lot of chances for us to learn what being married is all about. “I Do” takes on a whole new meaning. You have to mean it in the best of times (which is pretty easy) and you have to mean it in the worst of times. The latter is really just as easy for Sarah and I. The times may be hard but staying committed to each other is simple. However, we do have our parent’s good examples to follow. Thanks guys!

Monday night Sarah and I went down to Seattle (an anniversary tradition for us) and stayed at the Sheraton Hotel. We had a Deluxe King Room (which for me means that my feet don’t hang off the end of the bed…imagine that). As we always do, we spent the day of our anniversary rodding around downtown Seattle. If you could believe it, we have never done or seen the same things twice save for one stop. Sarah always likes to buy a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Pike Place Market. This year we started our day by going to Seattle’s most iconic landmark. You guessed it…”The Space Needle”. To some of you that might seem kind of silly (especially since we have both lived here all our lives) however neither of us has been up there since we were little kids. I personally didn’t even remember it. The sun decided to shine (Regardless of what Steve Pool predicted) and the views from the top were awesome! We were enjoying the sun so much that when we finally came back to earth we just laid in the grass park below the needle and soaked up some rays. We could have laid there for hours, but we had 2 tickets in our name. For what you might ask? The Duck Tours. Oh come on, you know you’ve seen them in town and always wanted to go on them. Well I don’t know how to break this to you so I’ll just come out and say it, “We beat you to it.” It was loads of fun filled with music, some lesser known Seattle facts, dancing, and of course “Quack Attacks”. What are “Quack Attacks?” I am glad you asked. Have you ever seen someone on the side of the street who looked like they could use a slice of happy and all they were waiting for was someone or a lot of someones to quack at them really, really loud? On the Duck Tours you get to do this virtually at will without being arrested. I f you ever get a chance to go don’t hesitate. What a blast!

To me, this anniversary was very special because instead of worrying about issues like losing my wife to cancer, I got to have fun with her again knowing that everything will be okay. Looking back on three years of marriage, I see how my love for Sarah has grown. I cherish all the little things that I love about her. Simple little things like how she only eats the white ”Good and Plenty” or how she makes up songs for anything and everything and then sings them in opera style just make me smile from ear to ear. I can’t wait until we have children so I can see Sarah’s traits coming out in them. What a great gift our children will be when the time comes. Sarah is doing so well, nobody would be able to tell that she has just gone through a very tough five months. I couldn’t be more proud of my wife!!!

Thank You for supporting my beautiful wife and me through the tough days as well as our “sweet” days!

Kirk
(click on image below to enlarge)
(click on image below to enlarge)

No comments: