Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 167

A Note from Sarah: 
I am finally getting away! A very good friend of the family has offered up her cabin for a couple of days. It has come just in time too. I’m about to pull my hair out in frustration…and that can be a little challenging since my head only has a 5 o’clock shadow. Ocean Shores is one of the most relaxing places for me to go and I will soak up God’s love for me there. I hope it will put me in a place where I can hear His voice and understand what is in store next for Him and me. I have been going to this cabin since I was an infant so it is very near and dear to my heart. My Mom and I will drive over first and get some girl time in which is overdue and then in the middle of the week Dad and Kirk will join us for dinner and my parents will drive home leaving Kirk and I to relax together and listen for God’s sweet voice. I pray that this time of peace will rejuvenate me and uplift my spirit so I can push forward in my life that is filled with hardship. Pray with me that Kirk and I will return different, glowing with the light of Christ within us. We need some alone time with our Father and He is just waiting for his children to meet Him.

Thank you for those who have offered your vacation homes up to us! If it hasn’t worked out yet I’m sure soon after surgery we will need a getaway adventure. I am continually surprised at the graciousness of those around me: my family, my friends and my readers.

Love Always,
Sarah

No comments: