Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 163

A Note from Sarah:
My P.E.T. scan went great! The Technician that walked me through the scan was so sweet and understanding and she even offered me the right sized gown! I am usually offered a size 2X and the V-neck always sinks down to my bellybutton. In that case I always worry about flashing people who don’t necessarily want to be flashed. The only part I hate about getting this kind of scan is the wait time before the scan. I had to wait an hour for the radioactive sugar to have time to get into my blood stream and search out cancer. All I could do was lie down in a dark room and wait and that is so hard for me since I am a doer by nature. Finally the wait was over and my scan could begin! The scan only took about 25 minutes and then I was on my way. Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers for this scan. I am trying not to be anxious and to keep my eyes and thoughts on the promises that God has spoken over my life. God is good and He has blessings for me around every corner!

I wanted to share with you that I haven’t been sleeping well for about a month. I think the cause is the upcoming surgeries and radiation. When I try to settle down and go to sleep, my mind just can’t “power down”. My mind is a dangerous thing when all I want to do is rest. It also doesn’t help to have my husband be able to fall asleep as soon as his head hits his pillow while I am up til the wee hours of the morning waiting for the sandman to visit me. Kirk and I finally made a visit to the doctor for another sleep aid…yes I am already on a sleep aid that would knock out an elephant but it has little effect on me. We are going to try a new drug and I am told it may stir up sleepwalking as a side effect. I guess this week will be an interesting one for us as as night laundry may magically be folded and food may disappear from the fridge! I’m sure if we have an “incident” it will be the buzz on the blog and readers may send me a lock for my bedroom door.

Thanks for everything my faithful readers! I feel loved with every comment and follower. By the way, I have been waiting for my follower fan base to reach 70 so thank you for signing up! My next goal is 80!

Love Always,
Sarah

No comments: